Just Brew It 2013 Awards:
JUST ECONOMICS PEOPLE’s CHOICE AWARD David Ackley for Ginger Beer
JUST ECONOMICS BEST NAME AWARD Bill Cassidy for $11.85/hr is the Living Wage Lager
JUST ECONOMICS CELEBRITY CHOICE AWARD Phil Morris for MERCY!
1. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Eye of the Tiger: Chris Ivesldal, Luke & Bru Weber for Root Brown
2. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Best Strawberry Beer: Ford Craven for nErd Beere
3. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Best Dark: Andy Ferko for Green Mountain Maple Vanilla Porter
4. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Most Creative: Heidi Dunkleberg & Karen Grogan for Beet the Heat Wheat
5. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Talk of the Town: Kerry Kenemer for Plan K Black and Blue
6. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Best Use of Fruit: Bill Cassidy for Raspberry Mousse Knuckle
7. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Most Unique: John Kledis for Sargent Peppers Fab Four
8. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Most Uplifiting: Adam Reinke for GummyBalls Head
9.AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Top Dawg: Mark Conti for RICS, Russian Imperial Chili Stout
10. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Crank My Tractor: Jake Allen for Funky B!tch
11. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD Slam Dunk: Jo Doyle for Holy Mole’ Chocolate Porter
12. AVL BEER CLUBAWARD 3 Pointer IPA: Jacob Childrey for Hop Seven
13. AVL Beer Week Award Jacob Childrey for CIA
14. Altamont Brewing Award Chris Ivesdal, Luke & Bru Weber for Root Down; A joint beer brewed at Altamont
15. B.B. Barnes award Chris Mills for Indecision
16. Brews Cruise Award Adam Reinke for Princess Strawberry
17. Echoview Farms Award Mark Conti for RICS
18. Hops & Vines Award Phil Morris for Mercy!
19. Beer Scout Award Luke Waterson for SOUR TRUNKS!
20. The AVL award Brent Manning / Craig Weitzel for Conversation Oil
21. Tony Kiss Award David Ackley for Ginger Beer
22. Oskar Blues Award Bart Roberts for Paterbier; This beer will be brewed by Oskar Blues.
23. Southern Appalachian Brewing Award Bernie Kessel for Big Red American Amber
24. Farthest Traveled Andy Ferko for coming from VT.
25. Wicked Weed Award Mark Conti for Uh, huh, huh! This beer will be brewed at Wicked Weed.
26. Burial Beer Award Matthew Kane for Wabba Wabba Geh Back; beer brewed at Burial.
27. Sierra Nevada Award Gabe Hinkley for Funky Blackberry Stout
Thank you to our event sponsors:
Wedge Brewery-A special thanks to the Wedge Brewery for hosting this event.
Sierra Nevada- Pale Ale Sponsor
Charlotte Street Computers- Pilsner Sponsor
Blue Ridge Biofuels
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
In Partnership with: Asheville Beer Week and The Big Love Festival
Also thanks to MMS Direct for their support!
Thank you to all of our partners including the breweries providing judges and prizes.
Also thanks to our judges, volunteers, and Asheville’s thriving beer community.
SPECIAL thanks to all our homebrewers and the Asheville homebrewing community who make this event possible!